Thursday, January 26, 2017

1st social worker visit

I was nervous today as I met with the social worker for the first time. I didn't really know what to expect. I do know it is her job to give approval on a state level and the first approval I have to get. (Minus the Pre-Approval from China but it is not final approval from them either that comes later). I drove up to Rochester, IL stopping in Glen Carbon to get fingerprints on the way. I focused on 2 Timothy 1:17 "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." and Philippians 4:6 -7 "“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” 

I know that God is in this and therefore I need to take my fears and concerns to Him and let His peace come over me. I listened to many of my favorite praise songs. Got to the city early so found a small park to reflect and pray. Then drove over to the office and was actually very calm and felling peace! God hears our prayers. I know many of you were praying and I thank you for that. I got several texts, emails, and Facebook messages of prayer. 

The meeting went fine. It was a laid back meeting to talk about procedure and to go over steps. Steps to the Home Study and to the final adoption process. I asked a few questions I had written down. I had over 1/2 of the paperwork already completed and really just have a few more to complete. Getting fingerprints on the way was a good thing :) I need to do
10 hours of online parenting classes/training. And four hours of research on her special need (those are my big items to complete!). I have scheduled a physical and have to get some blood work but not worried about that step. 

Next Friday, February 3rd I will meet again with the social worker. This time she will come to my house. She has to make sure I have working smoke detectors, carbon monoxide, fire extinguishers, check water temperature, and a few other small items. (I do know I need to add another railing on my basement steps but should be a simple fix). Things are moving right along. 

I have the initial agency fees paid and the Home Study fee. Thank you for those that have helped with these fees (I had a lot of it in my savings but not quite all of it). I will now concentrate on the amount I need next which will be when I complete my dossier and it goes to China (This is a pretty big amount and I have to raise before my Dossier gets sent). 

Thank you for all the prayers, encouraging words, hugs, texts, emails, Facebook messages. It helps knowing I have so much support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment