Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Home Study Begins...

I am full in force working on my Home Study they can take 2 to 4 months to complete. However I have made a goal to get it done in 2 months. My social worker sent me a file with questions to fill out for an autobiography. I thought it wouldn't be too hard I could finish in a day or two. Ok so I was totally kidding myself. What started as 16 pages of questions ... ended as 22 pages. Some questions easy some thought provoking. Plus as I would write I would second guess the wording. That was stressful and it is only the beginning!!

I have been working to sort out the paperwork as things I need to order or get (fingerprints, criminal clearance, birth certificate, etc) Reference letters I need from work, family, and friends. I will need to read several books and take some classes (I believe most online).

I will have several visits with a social worker as well. My first visit with her will be next Thursday - I am sure I will know a lot more after it of what I need to do!

I am still very excited and know God has called me to do this and is along with each step. I know He willl provide (He is already proving that!). I will still have lots of work to do to get funds and complete everything that is my part! Continue to pray for me and everyone involved in this process as well as "Nikki" and her foster parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment