Tuesday, January 24, 2017

She shall be called.....

Trying to decide on a name is hard!! I understand the struggle parents now go through when trying to pick a name. Do you try to pick a family name? A name because it has a certian meaning? A story behind the name? At first I liked the name Esther... because of her story in the Bible. God used her beauty to become Queen and ultimately save His people. I was drawn to my daughter from the first picture I saw and how cute she was - she was beautiful. But some didn't really care for the name.. and I knew it was my decision. But as I looked at her Esther just didn't fit her personality. So I decided to think of a middle name. I have always wanted to use my mom's middle name if I ever had a girl which is Ann. I thought a bit if it would be just Ann or add something to it. - I came up with LuAnn as a middle name Lu is her Chinese last night and Ann my mom's middle name. I picked that pretty easy. 

However,  I then began researching family names..... and going through more... throwing names out  I didn't like them or din't like how it all flowed together. I then thought I want her to have a cute nick name that ends in LU - so what could I call her that would go with that. Which lead to the name Evelynn (which has several family ties as well. An extra n on the end as my middle name is Lynn). Evelynn LuAnn 

She will be called Evy Lu (pronounce EV-EE not E-V). 

So instead of Nikki I will now be referring to her as Evy Lu. 

Please be praying for me on Thursday afternoon as I meet with the social worker for the first time. Everyone says no need to be nervous just be yourself. Trying to remind myself of this daily! 

I will post again after my meeting Thursday and I should know more next steps I need to complete to finish the home study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment